Thursday, February 14, 2008

T-2

I ran this morning for the first time since Monday morning. It was cold and snowy here, well sort of snowy. I decided to run through 2 large areas of standing water that formed in the grass where I run. They were about 6 inches deep and Baily loved them. I though he was going to roll around in them. That dog loves cold water. This exercise was to simulate the stream crossings I will face on Saturday. It was COLD, but only for a few minutes and then my feet started to warm up. I really do believe that within an hour of a soaking like that my feet may be dry. I will have to test that theory out. The SmartWool socks are great.

The run felt good, even though it was only 4 miles. I was pretty effortless. Now I just need to sit back and relax and eat a lot of carbs. I cannot wait for Saturday to come.

Here is a pick of Baily hanging out at the beach. Proof that he loves to be wet and dirty.

Baily at the beach

1 comment:

  1. Justus...you'll be in our prayers Saturday!! We are so proud of you. Have a wonderful time. Rely on the Lord's strength if you have times of struggle. Remember Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." You got this!! --Dana and Neil

    ReplyDelete