My current plan breaks down like this:
- Train base mileage and some hills prior to the race
- Maintain 50+ miles per week
- Stretch my long run out to 25 miles, only running it on local trails to reduce impact on my ankles
- Continue to strength train 3 times per week
- Run 6 days a week, maybe 7 if I feel up to it
- Continue to eat properly to help drop a few pounds prior to the race
Thats it. If I can stick to this I will be in pretty good shape. After this race is over I will focus on some more specific training for my next Ultra in June.