Thursday, January 17, 2008

Commuting to Work

I first saw the idea of running to work in the blog http://irunfar.blogspot.com. This is a great idea for those who can access public transportation or for those who live close to work. I live 10 miles from my office and have nice paved bike paths for 75% of the route. The rest of the route I can run on grass. I am really trying to avoid concrete. Because of the distance I have chosen to run home from work one night and run back the next morning, leaving my car in the parking lot overnight. It has worked out well for me so far and the two longer runs mid week have really made me stronger. I shower before I go to my office and have been "running" through McDonalds for breakfast. That is a nice reward. This run commuting also saves time. Usually it takes me about 25 minutes to drive to work and deal with all the traffic. The run takes under 2 hours and leaves me feeling great inside, unlike when I have to deal with the crazy drivers in this area. So I get in a 10 mile run in the time it would normally take me to run 6 or 7. This is great in my book. I recommend trying this out if you get a chance and it is feasible.

No comments:

Post a Comment